There are times when captures aren't working as expected in the Extension and you will need to look for a error message or warning in order to understand what is occurring. To assist with that, the extension will display a notification by placing a Blue or Red dot on the bell icon:
If you see the dot, click the Bell and it will open the notifications section for you:
This section will display any warnings (blue dot) or errors (red dot) that the extension is experiencing. For example in the above notification, it warned us that the lead, Mei Siauw, already existed in Salesforce so it will not capture them due to our anti-duplicate policies.
In the case of an error that you need to contact Support about, please include the FULL error message (you may need to widen the extension to see the whole message clearly). There may be a "View Technical Details" link in the message as well, which can provide even more in-depth explanations that can help the Support team.
Sometimes the data cache on your Chrome browser might get corrupted and cause the LeadIQ Extension not to load profiles from Linkedin.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help you clear this up.
We suggest you to try the following:
- Close the LeadIQ app
- Click on the customize and control google chrome button (its the 3 dots on the upper right of the browser)
- On the drop down menu, choose history, another popup menu will appear, again choose history.
- On the new page, choose clear browsing data
- Another page will open with a menu. place checks on the boxes marked: cookies and other site data, and cached images and files.
- Once that is done, close and restart your browser
- Open the LeadIQ app.
If you run into an issue where the webapp interface seems to be blank, it may be likely that you have another active Chrome extension that may be causing compatibility issues with the LeadIQ extension.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help you isolate the Chrome Extension which may be causing this and get things working as normal once more.
- Enter this link in your Chrome browser: chrome://extensions/
- It should take you to a page that displays all of your current extensions.
- Just hit the toggle switch of the extensions that you wish to temporarily disable.
- When you are finished, close and restart the Chrome browser.
- Check if the LeadIQ extension works as normal.
If you have any trouble or if the issue persists, please contact our Support team by clicking "Submit a request" at the top right of this page for further assistance.