What is LeadIQ Salesforce Enrichment
LeadIQ Salesforce Enrichment app is a native app that can be installed in your Salesforce instance. Once the setup is completed, the app will be able to run in background and perform the following tasks:
- Event based updates (on creation / modification), which will enrich new records with LeadIQ data
- Scheduled based updates, which will help to clean up old database
If you wish to install the LeadIQ Salesforce Enrichment App, please let your Sales rep know and we'll be happy to assist!
Steps to follow post Installation of Application:
Step 1: Assign Permission Sets
Setup > Permission Sets > click the PS > click
- LeadIQ Admin User - Should be assigned to the app admin users
- LeadIQ Standard User - Should be assigned to the app users
Step 2: App authentication
- Navigate to:
Salesforce Setup > Named Credentials > LeadIQ(New Flow)
- To open the login page 'Edit' the
LeadIQnamed credential record, 'Start Authentication Flow on Save' checkbox should be checked, click on 'Save'.
- It will redirect the user to the oAuth page, login with LeadIQ credentials. On successful login, the user will be redirected back to salesforce.
Step 3: Configure App field-mappings
Go to the app menu by clicking on the App menu icon on the top left corner and click on View All. Select Leads and Contacts Intelligence Application from the menu:
- Navigate to the
- On this tab, you can define the field-mappings for Account, Contact And Lead Objects
- By default fields are mapped with salesforce custom IQ fields. If you want to change the field mappings, just select the field name from the dropdown menu under the Salesforce Fields label.
- Make sure the “Enrich” checkbox is selected to enrich the data from the API endpoint.
- “Always Override” should be checked if the Salesforce data should be always overwritten.
- Once you are done with the mapping click on the
Savebutton at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Configure Instant Enrichment
- Navigate to the
Lead and Contact Intelliagence (The SFDC App) > Instant Enrichmenttab.
- On this tab, you can define the Sync Settings for the Application.
- Instant Sync Enabled - On Create: Checking this will sync the records immediately after a new record is created.
- Instant Sync Enabled - On Update: Checking this will sync the records immediately after a record is updated.
- Click the
Savebutton at the bottom to save the changes.
Step 5: LeadIQ page layout assignments
For Page Layout Assignment for a particular profile follow the below steps:
- Go to detail page of Account/Contact/Lead record and click on
Settings > Edit Object
- It will redirect user on the object detail page. From the object detail page click on Page Layouts then click on Page Layout Assignment Button.
- Click on Edit Assignment, select Profile(System Administrator and Standard User) for page layout assignment and select page layout (i.e IQ Account Layout) from the list of page layout and click on the Save button.
- Follow the same steps for the Lead and Contact Page Layout Assignment. For the Lead object, the Page Layout name is IQ Lead Layout and for the contact object, it’s IQ Contact Layout.
After installation the user can do all these functionality:
For using this app first you need to open "Leads and Contacts Intelligence Application" from "App Launcher" by clicking this icon on the top left corner.
Setup: For setup, tab users can set up the functionality for enrichment like create field matting, schedule enrichment and more.
The Setup tab has 3 sub-tabs in it.
Field Mapping: This is used to map LeadIQ Fields with Salesforce Fields and store mapping in custom metadata i.e. "ContactInfo Mapping". By default, enriched data is mapped to custom IQ fields.
There are 5 options based on which option enrichment is done and "ContactInfo Mapping" records are created.
- LeadIQ Fields: These are the fields that are returning from LeadIQ end for enriching salesforce records.
- Salesforce Fields: Users need to select a salesforce field to map that field with a related LeadIQ field. The Salesforce field list is shown according to its related LeadIQ field type.
- Enrich: The mapped field will be enriched with LeadIQ Data but the way it is enriched is dependent on whether Always Override Values or Override and Preserve is checked.
- Always Override: Override existing values in the mapped field every time and enrichment occurs (Instant Enrich on Create/Modify, Scheduled enrichment or manual enrichment with IQ Enrich Now button).
For saving field mapping, users need to click on the "Save Changes" button.
Instant Enrichment: Instant Enrichment ensures your records always have the most up-to-date data possible but enriching records on the creation and/or modification.
There are 2 Options for Instant enrichment.
- Instant Enrichment on Creation: It will enrich a record based on your field mapping settings immediately after a record is created.
- Instant Enrichment on Record Modification: It will enrich the record every time the record is edited or modified.
Please note that enrichment on modification will use an API call for every record being enriched, so there is a risk of exceeding Salesforce API call limits if you are modifying records in bulk.
Schedule Enrichment: Scheduling an enrichment will update the entire database of Leads, Contacts and Accounts with the most up to date IQ data on the day and time selected. Choose a recurring schedule to automatically have your database enriched periodically. Data in the mapped fields will be overridden if override is turned on in the Field Mapping Settings. Only the "System Administrator" can schedule jobs from it. This tab divides into 2 parts: The left side is used to schedule custom enrichment on record and on the right side there is a table which shows scheduled jobs if any.
Transaction Log: After performing enrichment operation users can see the status, Reference, Request Body, Response Body and Owner of enriched records on the Transaction Log object.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to setup My Domain Setting?
- From Setup, enter My Domain in the Quick Find box, then select My Domain.
- Enter the name that you want to use for your My Domain. Your name must contain at least 3 characters and no more than 32 characters. It can include letters, numbers, and hyphens. You can’t start the name with root, status, or a hyphen.
Salesforce adds the rest of the domain name. If you’re creating the domain in a developer org, the domain name is -dev-ed.my.salesforce.com. Your production org has the my.salesforce.com suffix.
- Click Check Availability. If your name is already taken, choose a different one.
- Click Register Domain.
- You receive an email when your domain name is ready for testing. It can take a few minutes.
Before making your new My Domain available to your users, test that your org’s URLs work with your new subdomain name.