Creating Custom Mapping in Salesloft
LeadIQ automatically maps standard lead fields to corresponding fields in Salesloft.
- Teams can now see the field mappings provided by LeadIQ out-of-the-box
- Team admins can alter these standard field mappings or add new ones depending on their organizational needs
Once configured, the field mappings are applied team-wide.
Fig 1.1 Salesloft Settings
1. Manage Custom Mapping
- Once you have connected Salesloft, you should see a “configure” option under the Connect Accounts page.
- Click on “Configure,” and you’ll be redirected to the Salesloft Settings page
- Depending on your account privileges, the configuration is either editable or view-only (Ref: Fig 1.2 and 1.3)
Note: This is a “team-admin only“ feature, meaning only team admins can add/modify/delete custom mappings.
Fig 1.2 Salesloft Settings - Member View
2. Create a new mapping
- Click on “Add Field Mapping” at the bottom of the page
- Choose a LeadIQ field that you wish to map from the drop-down on the left
- Choose the Salesloft field to which the value should be mapped from the drop-down on the right
- You should see a “Field Mapping added” notification
3. Map to custom fields on Salesloft
Custom fields created on Salesloft should automatically be available for mapping under the Salesloft dropdown on the settings page. To map to a custom field,
- Add new mapping or alter an existing mapping
- Choose a LeadIQ field that you wish to map
- Choose the custom field on Salesloft to which the value should be mapped
- You should see a “Field Mapping added” or “Field mapping updated” notification
Salesloft and Salesforce - CRM Sync
Some teams will use the Automation Rule with SalesLoft CRM sync functionality, which creates a record in Salesforce when a new record is created in Salesloft.
Previously this caused problems because the CRM Sync feature record lookup is delayed in that duplicates would be created on Salesforce at no fault from LeadIQ.
The solution now:
- Go to Custom Mapping in LeadIQ integration settings for Salesloft
- Select ‘LeadIQ (String)’ from the dropdown menu on the left side.
- Map this text value to any field on Salesforce
- Go to Salesforce and first make sure CRM sync is enabled
- Open your automation rules, and enable or create a rule When a person is not found in my CRM to create a contact or a lead.
- Under Criteria, select AND with the field you set up the custom mapping for, with not equal to LeadIQ.
This will create new records in Salesforce from new person objects created in Salesloft as long as it was not from LeadIQ. In the screenshot below you can see the automation rule configured with a field called Testing123.
To learn how to set up custom fields on Salesloft, take a look at the Person Field Configuration section.
If you have any questions about integrations, you can reach out to the LeadIQ Support Team by clicking Submit a Request at the top right of this page.